As the semester comes to a close we finish it off in the way it was started, by shocking us silly American students. We are once again shown the vast differences between our two cultures when reading the Bild Zeitung Rules Germany. The understanding here being that the tabloids we see in the U.S. use much less smut and employ many more ridiculously schemed stories. In order to gain a better understanding of this massive difference I took a look at Bild's website and the National Enquirer's website. The most significant, and probably most obvious, difference is that the National Enquirer markets itself as a source for "Celebrity news" while Bild is one of the main sources of news in Germany.
Another one of the articles Come On In, My Door Is Always Closed. Here we are once again given insight into some of the backwards logic that is used in Germany. This once again leads me to the conclusion that Germany would be a scary place to visit, since many of the cultural norms there make no sense to me.
My fear of Germany is only further reinforced when I read the article Worshipping the Garbage Gods.The garbage can mentioned in the article is shown below. Personally even though I can read what it says, it is still far too complicated and I can guarantee that I would mess up what should be a very simple process.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.