Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

Kultur 6

Reading the 'Sex, Smut and Shock...' I wasn't shocked that Germany had such a newspaper but rather that it was so popular. It seems that anyone no matter of social rank is liable to be mocked in the publication and that has to be very scary for celebrities and politicians. In my opinion this publication is too hard on politicians while American publications almost completely neglect politicians. It would be nice to find a happy medium of the two. I found the whole closed door thing
in Germany to be bizarre. I feel like one could walk in on some embarrassing things like Lola does in Lola Rennt. How do Germans express that they are in their office and do not want to be bothered at all? A do not disturb sign hanging on the doorknob? I found the garbage article to be refreshing and while it may be confusing at least the trash is not being left in the streets. However, it does seem inconvenient that recycling bins are closed on Sunday. My impression from the student living article is that the government is more concerned with the vocational schools where a majority of Germans go than the Universities. It is sad to think that many Germans living in our sister city are paying very high rent on top of tuition

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.