Sonntag, 13. November 2011

AMD 5

For my AMD this week I continued my reading of German Ideology by Karl Marx. This time I read the chapter on "true socialism". A primary concept is the chapter is the opposition of German socialism to French communism. The latter predating the former, German socialism was created out of interpretation of French communism and its application to German culture. The Germans have claimed that it was German science which allowed them to truly understand the French principles. This comment is reiterated frequently, although I am not sure what the phrase truly means since it is said that the French arrived at communism through politics, while the Germans arrived at socialism through metaphysics. Additionally, this quote does a good job of summarizing, through implication, the arguments of the chapter: the Germans judge everything in terms of the essence of man, foreigners view everything practically, in terms of actually existing men and circumstances.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.