Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Kultur3

After reading the article "Beer, Brewskies, and Liquid Bread" I frantically searched my room to make sure I still had my passport. Can you imagine beer on the McDonalds Dollar Menu or sipping a cold one during a movie? Ach so! I thought the legislative efforts to tighten public drinking rules in Germany is pitiful. It's seems like a huge part of their culture and national identity. That being said I'm sure all the Deutsch Patriots will never let such laws come into effect. Also, I think the pessimism common in Germans is a force of good for the country. In America we are too opptomistic; as a country we have been sliding in most vital indicators of a countries prosperity, yet we tend to believe things will fix themselves because we think we're great. A good formula for happiness and success is to understand the validity behind pessimistic statements, but internally still enjoy life. It is a bit odd to think that different reigons of Deutschland enjoy different types of humor. I tend to think of Americans all enjoying a similar sense of humor. I think my humor would work best in Hamburger and I'm really looking forward to trying all the delicacies Germany has to offer!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.