Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011

Kultur 3

I particularly found the Organic Food Obsession and Beer article intriguing. First of all, the Beer article really opened my eyes to how important Beer is a part of German culture. I always thought Germany was just known for its unique and delicious beer, but I didn't realize that it was so essential in their everyday lives. I appreciate how Germans love and worship organic food due to their "rapidly evolving farming industry". I feel like America should be more concerned about this as well. I also think it is ironic that Germans are so conscious about their health although they load up their bodies with some serious beer calories. In my mind, that does not make much sense at all.
I connected to the article about tightening on Public Drinking Rules. I think foreigners, especially Americans going to Germany would be shocked to simply be walking on the streets and come across drunk people. A couple summers ago, I went to Ireland with my choir. We went for a stroll in the early afternoon to explore the city, Galway specifically, and came across some incredibly friendly individuals who reeked of alcohol. It was probably 5 in the afternoon. I remember being taken aback by how freely these guys were walking around, midday, completely drunk. It was definitely not something I was used to.
Being quite a blunt person myself, I loved the Optimists are Idiots article. I feel like I would get along great with Germans. It is so amusing that Germans say what is on their minds no matter how insulting it is. Americans are the masters of being tactful, but honesty is definitely the best policy. At least that's my opinion!
I have to be honest and say that I always thought Germans were serious people. I found the classifications of Germans and their humor to be so strange at first, but then I realized that humor is definitely based on where you come from, (location/geographically). In America, we have our southern humor and such so I guess that this classification system makes sense. It changed my mind about Germans being funny and now I know better than to stereotype them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.