Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011

Kultur Drei

The culture of drinking beer openly is not surprising to me. It is one of the major stereotypes of Germans. We Germans drink a whole lot of beer. I found it interesting that the region where my family is from, Baden-Wurttemberg, has one of the strongest brews in Germany. I take pride in that. I do not have much of an opinion when it comes to drinking in public or on public transportation, since in the United States it has always been prohibited for safety reasons. I do believe that it will be difficult to change in Germany, since it has been such a tradition and engrossed deeply within the German culture.

I found it astonishing that so many Germans desire organic foods. Maybe because I am American, we seek the cheapest prices at the expense of quality. However, throughout German history, Germans have chosen quality over quantity (e.g. the Panzer/King Tiger tanks, their small yet disciplined army of Prussia under Frederick the Great). It did not surprise me that the Germans are practically OCD when it comes to organization and following guidelines; I am much the same way.

It also does not surprise me that the Germans are a bunch of "Negative Nancys". The Germans have always been realists, but it sounds so depressing the way the article wrote it. The author made it seem that all Germans are just depressed all the time, which is obviously not the case, since there are still Germans around and that they hold one of the largest parties in all the world: Oktoberfest.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.