Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

AMD 4

For this AMD, I went for dinner with two friends: one who speaks German fluently and another from Austria. The goal was to speak in only German for an hour! We began the night by talking about relationships- I learned that while you're allowed to refer to your girlfriend as your Mädchen, you cannot refer to your boyfriend as your Mann. That translates to your husband... So we teased our Austrian friend about his zwei Mädchen for a bit, because he isn't dating anyone but we knew he was interested in someone. He told us that he was interested in a Korean girl we both know (the word for Korean is Koreanish).... so that lead into very stupid, made-up pick up lines auf Deutsch.
After this, we talked music for a while (all three of us are musicians). As it turns out, I've been using the wrong word for pianist. To say Ich bin eine Klavierspielerin is like saying I'm a keyboardist (like in a band). The more specific term to classical music is actually simpler: Pianistin! I talked about things I would like to have, since we recently covered that in class, and I learned how to say it more politely: ich möchte ___ zu eigenem. (I think this is right. I may have just done it wrong again. I messed this phrase up a lot at dinner....)
This was a LOT of fun! I made a fool of myself and we all laughed a lot, and I learned so so much!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.