Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

AMD- 4

For my AMD I chose to watch a South Park episode in German. It is episode 197 titled "Als die Kacke Pipi musste." Since I normally do not watch South Park due to it's crude content this was a new experience for me. From my limited memory of the character's voices the German voice overs provide a fresh take on this television show. Although it is very different from anything that I am used to it still manages to carry some humor through the whole ordeal.

The complexity of the German language did shine through this as I was trying to keep up with the fast moving exchange of words between Cartman, Kyle, Kenny and Stan. Although it did pose a major barrier I feel that I got a decent understanding of the episode. I was able to pull out some familiar words and piece together the beginning, but by the time that they began to write their own book I started to get lost in what they were saying.

As I've said before in my blog posts the German language has a reputation for sounding very harsh, and this holds true as seen by the harsh dialect used by the voice-over here. Overall it was a new experience, and watching German television shows might be in my future, but probably not anymore South Park...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.