Mittwoch, 14. September 2011

Kultuer 1

The most important part of information that I got out of the brochure was that the real difference between German ethnic group and others such as the Irish was that when Germans came to America they did not form the close and isolated groups, they melted with the rest of America becoming one with the mainstream. I also found the info about the beer and hotdogs at baseball games interesting although it didn't surprise me.

I think with recent pop culture references like movies such as Beerfest and popular WWII video games have put German culture closer to the limelight.I also found it fascinating that I live in the "German Belt" which I did not know before reading the brochure. Although I am not German in my ancestry, I still found it enlightening to find some pretty cool information about German-America.

For example I did not know that Milwaukee was the German city in America. Considering the brewery's that are located in the town it doesn't shock me that this is true, because German ethnic group melted into the mainstream so well, it would not surprise me to find out other things in America that are German in origin.

Andrew Hedgcock

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.