Mittwoch, 14. September 2011

Das Boot!!!! An American view of German America

Hallo, und willkommen to my view of German America.  When reading through the article, I found many influences that German culture contributed to our Amerikaner society.  It is difficult to imagine a baseball game without beer and a hotdog.  I also found it interesting the many of the American traditions can be traced back directly to the old country, such as St. Nicholas playing our jolly Santa Claus.  Although the article was a good read, it was a bit long a "brochure".

An interesting point to make is that some aspects of German culture have come to be seen in American films and sketches.  Although these are a great misrepresentation of the German culture as a whole, I find that these are humorous examples. 


In this example, we see the common East German during the 1980's. 


The German party culture is one that many Americans can both agree with and enjoy.

This is a little bit of the commical interaction I see between the two cultures.  There are numerous other examples, but I felt this would be a good way to start.

Jarrett McFeters signing off.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.