For this AMD, I decided I would read German poetry. The German was on one side and the English translation was on other side. So for fun, I covered the English side and tried to make sense of the German. It was pretty hard, but I figured some things out. A German piece I had been working on coincidentally had a lot of terms that dealt with flowers and blooming so I picked up on the words Blümchen and blüht (little flower and bloom/blossom). Also, the title of the poem was Gefunden which means found in past tense; something we had just recently learned so I got excited about that. Other things I recognized were Wie Aüglein schön (what pretty eyes) and zum Garten (to the garden). I could distinguish which words were the nouns because of capitalization which really helped my comprehension. Finally, I read the English translation and realized something: there is a connection between adding endings to a noun that makes the noun mean "little". For example Aüglein means little eyes versus just the word die Augen meaning eyes. Also, Blüme means flower, but in this poem, they used the word Blümchen meaning little flower. I definitely don't know which endings go with whichever kinds of nouns, (this is probably something way too advanced for my brain), but I picked up on it. Overall, I really enjoyed this poem: it was so cute and I know a couple more verbs now: zu suchen (seeking), brechen/gebrochen (pick/picked), grubs (dig), etc. Es hat mir geholfen! Here's the link:
http://german.about.com/library/blgefunden.htm
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.