Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Kultur 4

After reading the Kultur article I realized my Dad would stick out like a sore thumb in Germany. He has little patience to wait for traffic lights to change when there are no cars coming, or even when there are cars coming. He would undoubtably be run over by a cyclist, he thinks bikers are always getting in the way. I think it is refreshing to know how many people bike in Germany. What a healthy thing for themselves and their environment. I love to ride my bike, but unfortunately in my town we do not have many sidewalks. I wish we had our own bike baths so I could enjoy biking outside of my neighborhood more frequently. I was stunned to read the some German Universities have over 30% foreign students. I looked it up and the U of M has approximately 12.6%. It would be very neat to see that number grow. Last year I learned a lot from the few foreign students I met. I cannot imagine what interesting things I would learn if we had over 30% enrolled! It is very cool to think of how diverse their campus must be. I also enjoyed reading the optional articles about Germans being nude. It made me laugh when they think we are prudes especially after just passing Halloween on campus:) I wonder what they would think of us if they could witness that! I really enjoyed the articles this time!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.