The first article I read was "Stay off the Bike Path!". As someone who loves to use biking as a regular mode of transportation, it's great to know that finding other ways to get around is popular in other countries. I used to live in Oxford for a while, and when we moved there getting bikes for the family actually took priority over getting a car (we got a car too though).
Trains running on the honor system is a wonderful idea, but would never fly in America. Germany, like the article said is an order-obsessed country, whereas the States tend to be more about how we can bend the rules in our favor/how much we can get away with w/out being caught. We definitely have undercover officials to catch those that don't pay (at least in NY...always pay)
The einbahnstrasse article was quite short, but I think it's worth pointing out that Frankfurt has a slobs anonymous group.
I was literally dying of laughter as I read the article about crossing the streets in Germany. In NY, it's almost weird to wait for the light because I would venture to say that most people cross against it. I can't imagine what it would be like to get a pep talk from the 5 yr old standing beside me one morning about proper street crossing etiquette. I also think drivers actually speeding up to spite a pedestrain crossing against the light was hilarious! And so what I would do.
That is all for now!
Tchüss
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.