Sonntag, 13. November 2011

AMD 5

OK, so I had the best idea probably in my entire life for AMD 5. I decided to play ZELDA AUF DEUTSCH!!! I've downloaded ROMs of games before, so I had some emulators on my computer already, so it was just a matter of finding a SNES, NES, or GBA game auf Deutsch, which I found at SuperRomWorld. Yay internet!

INTERNET!!!
Right off the bat it was super interesting, because the start screen was totally different from the English start screen, and the main menu was in German too (duh)! Instead of "Name" or whatever, it said "Name Eingeben" which I assumed to mein "Give your name" or whatever. Not too different, but because I've played the game before, it really struck me, and especially because I could understand it! Playing the game for awhile made me realize that video games are so easily accessible for a lot of ages, and for a lot of reading levels as well. An actual "game" is translated as "Spieler," and "Auswahl" is a choice, so together it's "Game Choice!" 

Yes, I realize that's common sense, but it's amazing that I can understand it! For some reason being able to interact with the actual game made it so much more meaningful to know the German. I think this is because video games are a "virtual reality" literally, and so being able to interact in German within a safe setting like a game is like another step closer to interacting with people in real life. Nicht?

Anyway, right from the beginning I could understand it, like I said. Here's the beginning where Zelda speaks to Link in his dream:
"Hilfe...
Bitte hilf mir...
Ich bin es, Zelda...
Ich werde im Verlies der 
Burg festgehalten. Ich habe 
furchtbare Angst!
Agahnim hat die Burg voll unter 
seine Kontrolle gebracht und er 
versucht nun alles, um das 
Siegel der Sieben Weisen zu
brechen. Deshalb hat er den 
anderen sechs vermißten
Mädchen etwas Schreckliches 
angetan. Nur ich bin noch
übrig! Hol mich doch endlich
hier heraus! Hilfe!!"

Although it has a lot of vocabulary we haven't learned, I could get the general idea of the text. If there was something vital that I needed, then I could look it up.

Here are some vocab words I picked up from playing (some necessary, some not):
Fackeln = to light
Drücke = press
Knopf = button8
Verlies = dungeon
Zugang = access
die Sache = thing (knew this but keep forgetting, derp)
der Schwert und Schild = sword and shield
die Kräften = powers
Halten = to hold
Retten = to save (die Prinzessin, natürlich)
die magischen Kräfte = magical powers!
energie = energy (heheh, obvious, but I think it's cute because it's above the screen at all times)
die Karte = map (also knew, but was excited that I KNEW the word for map before I opened the chest to find it YAY!)
Wählen = to choose
Großen Schlüssel = big key!
Irgendwie = anything
unmenschlicher = crueller
gewaltiger = mightier/huger
solche = such ("Ich habe solche Angst!" hahahaha)
verschwinden = to disappear
merkt = note (or maybe notice in this context)
Geheimgang = secret passage
dazu = thereto
ersten Stock = first story/floor
Thronsaal = throne room
Mut = guts/strength

Hahahaha one of my favorite parts was when she asked "Verstehst Du mich?" and one of the options was "Nicht genau." It's not actually that funny, but now I'm going to use that phrase a lot. 

That's all! :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.