zehn walrossen mit super perückensollte ein tolles kunststück glückenerst sah man sie zusammen rückensich unverhofft nach etwas bückenblitzartig schnell die zungen zückenund durch zehn riesen-stoßzahn lückenblassrosa kaugummiblasen drücken
http://lyrikline.org/index.php?id=162&L=0&show=Poems&author=ar07&cHash=d45ed82d41
My attempt to translate the poem line by line resulted in this:
Ten walruses with great wigs
Were supposed to be wonderful successes
Once one moved they all would move
One (walrus) unexpectedly bent to pick something up
Like lightening all the tongues come out
And through the spaces between ten giant tusks
pinkish bubblegum is blown out
After attempting to translate a couple other German poems into English I came to a realization. It is very very hard to translate a poem to another language and retain the original message and beauty of the native language. So I decided to practice scansion on the rest of the poems I read which was still a challenge since I had to think about emphasis of German words. I really liked this poem, about a car, because of the speed at which the author reads it mirrors his fast automobile http://lyrikline.org/index.php?id=162&L=0&show=Poems&author=bb00&cHash=1eeb796466. Then there is something about hearing Johannes Kuhn read his poem "Schulkinder" that makes one want to hear it again and again. Here is that link: http://lyrikline.org/index.php?id=162&L=0&author=jk01&show=Poems&cHash=7a59659eaa. I have never heard of Johannes Kuhn before looking at this website and even though I cannot truly appreciate his prose, I thoroughly enjoy the manner in which he reads his poems. However, my favorite German poet thus far is, like many others, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.