Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

Patrick Baumhart- AMD 2

For my AMD I chose to watch a music video by German music sensation Marteria. The video (which can be seen here) takes an interesting look on getting older, which happens to be a universal issue. The lyrics take the "Carpe Diem" approach to life, and obviously signify some sort of turning point in an individuals life when they realize that they need to do more to actually be "living."


Honestly, when I decided to listen to a German music for my assignment I did not expect to actually listen to anything good. German is often described as somewhat of a harsh sounding language, with that in mind I expected the song to result in my ears bleeding for the next week or so. Instead it was actually surprisingly good! I liked the general sound of the song, and also liked the message that the lyrics were trying to convey to the listener. After listening to the song multiple times I eventually started to pick up some of what Marteria was saying (without having to look at the English translation), but I still have a lot more German language learning to do before I can feel confident about understanding the fast paced lyrics of Marteria.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.