I have recently started looking into the website that Hartmut has posted onto the Deutschkurs page. Nichtlustig.de, or Not Funny in English, is based off a series of comics made by Carlsen. It is a comic series that reminds me of the Far Side comics produced here in America by Gary Larson. The comics take a decidedly German twist with subject matter that includes a lot of dark jokes about death, injury, and bad luck. Death seems to be one of the websites main themes with such merchandise as the Tasche des Todes, or bag of Death. I spent a lot of time going through the website looking at the different merchandise. It is sometimes hard to go through and read the product description when I am not close to that level of German yet, but the experience in trying to read the different entries is a good one.
I find a lot of the darker humor to be pretty funny. To go along with the death theme, Nichtlustig features a lot of Lemming memorabilia, which of course are famous for their habit of jumping off cliffs. Some of the shirts feature other forms of Lemming suicide. Some of my favorite shirts include these:
This translates to: "Respect the Food Chain"
The ever popular, iTod.
"Inside I'm already dead"
And the "Duck, Vampire Duck"
These shirts only cover a small amount merchandise that the website has. Along with shirts, the website also has games, coffee mugs, books, and a whole lot more. The prices aren't too bad, but the shipping is kind of a hassle. When I do finally make it over to Germany I plan on picking up at least some of the cool stuff shown here. I am also debating on getting some of these shirts and starting a Hartmutesk collection.
Again signing off...




Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.