The first two articles gave insight to what is thought to be a very important part of German culture, BEER. They both played off the idea that German's like beer, which is very true. The first article listed off many different types of German beer, it rated them on quality, taste, and also gave input on the potential for a hangover to result by consuming too much of it. The next article took a look at a widely unsupported idea that the public drinking laws should be tightened up in Germany. This prompted many people to reassess how they value their beer.
This gave me a new outlook on beer in it's entirety. Obviously since I am only 18 years old and the legal drinking age here is 21 in the states, I do not know how beer tastes but I have heard varying responses to the quality of German beer. The details of the first article leave little to the imagination and make me look forward to legally being able to try out some of these beverages.
The other articles that I found interesting were the ones on humor. It is a common belief that humor does not translate into German. The articles gave me new insight into German humor and has allowed me to discover that it can in fact be very funny.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.