Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Kultur 3

My great grandma used to make the BEST Spätzle ( I just referred to them as noodles) in the world. I miss them so much! They take a long time to make, I remember her having to prepare the noodles days in advance. I would love to have them again. It amazes me that this is considered a fast food item. A lot of the items listed seemed quite complex and too delicious for a quick snack. I think I would be a frequent visitor at these Imbiss.

The guide to beer in Germany cracked me up. My favorite was when it described Berliner Weisse. Good to know that the locals would make fun of you for ordering this. I also found it hilarious that you can order a beer at the theater or even McDonalds. Some beers are even meant to go along with breakfast! It was very useful to learn bar drinkers etiquette (again with the eye contact!) so as not to embarrass yourself. I think I would have a hard time selecting a beer, I would be worried I was breaking some sort of social rule! It is interesting how many rules they have for drinking and ordering food. At a McDonalds in Ann Arbor I have heard friends order the most complicated thing without the worker even thinking it was weird, and there are not really rules to what you order to drink. I think it is funny how at German fast food places what they have is what you get, no weird orders. Also that when you order a beer at a bar you better choose wisely! I enjoyed reading about all the food, but I am unfortunately very hungry now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.