Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

Kultur 2

Guten Tag!

While reading through these articles I found myself nodding in agreement quite frequently. I have noticed many of these cultural characteristics before but never really thought about them. Particularly the staring and the apparent rudeness of German people. My mom has expressed on numerous occasions the one big annoyance she finds with American culture (Side note: I will probably be talking about my mom a lot in these blog posts...sorry if it gets annoying, it's just easy to make the connection) is how "fake" people can be. She says that everyone is very friendly on a very shallow level, but few people readily open up about their true feelings towards each other. This is something that I have noticed more and more as I have gotten older. It seems everyone wants to be on good terms with everyone else and look good externally, even if they have to put on a bit of an act. This is not to say that everyone is like this, but there is something very refreshing about visiting my family across the pond. Sometimes people can be brutally honest or abrupt there, and it does take me by surprise. But in the end I thank them for it because such honesty allows you to know the real person, not the mask they put on.

-Lukas

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.