Samstag, 1. Oktober 2011

AMD 2

I watched Lola Rennt for my AMD. It was definitely not what I was expecting, however it was really interesting. I was surprised when I found myself understanding what some of the characters were saying without having to read the subtitles. At one point, Lola bumps into a lady on the street who says "keep your eyes open" and I recognized the word "auf". Another woman starts speaking to Lola's father (his mistress) and says that "she can't sleep at night" and she is scared. I recognized the words "nacht", "schlaffen", and "angst". What was really interesting is that everyone that Lola ran into (literally RAN into), the viewers got to see a glimpse of where these characters' lives would lead after their encounter with her.

I did a little background research on this film (thanks Wikipedia) and apparently it has some allusions to the Alfred Hitchcock movie Vertigo. Also, there are several references to the culture of Germans. The narrator of the movie is apparently a well-known voice of children's stories. His name is Hans Paetsch. Also there are two quotes in the movie by a famous German footballer named Sepp Herberger.

If anyone is interested in watching this movie, you can find it on youtube! It's called RUN LOLA RUN part 1, part 2, etc.

haben Sie Spaß!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.