Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

AMD 2

For my AMD 2, I read the Duden article provided by the AMD ideas. This book, the Duden, is so very interesting and different, that I'm not sure I even completely understand it. Its the relative of a webster and urban dictionary in one. I love the newly added word Hüftgold, meaning literally golden hips, but socially fatty food. For example, that twinky is SUCH a Hüftgold. Who knew??
I was also surprised to read that Germany has Lebenspartnerschaften or a official life partnership for gay couples. Parts of our nation are still struggling just to accept this lifestyle and inGermany there is already more equality and unity. I find this so surprising. There are also new additions of words for the strangest incidences, such as pushing a button for more time on a parking meter, or breakfast devouring, or in-between parking. These colloquial words are updating the language of our history to a present. I am very impressed by the Duden.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.