Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur 2

All of these articles were so blunt and to the point. I couldn't help but start laughing as I was reading them. I found myself making some interesting connections while reading these articles as well. Although I was born and raised in America, my whole family is from India. Whenever I have family that visits, I am reminded about how blunt they can be and this connected me to the "Brutally honest" article. We, as Americans, live in an overly-polite and incredibly conscientious environment where we are always trying to be watchful of others' feelings and stay tactful. However, in others countries (like India and Germany), people talk about their true feelings and aren't afraid to hide what they are actually thinking. I see it every time I have family visiting from India and apparently would see it if I visited Germany. The "Germanic Stare-down" article was an interesting read because again it reminded me that Americans are all about personal space/their personal bubble and how everyone interacts with people everyday, yet how we are all self-absorbed. Germans are not this way at all and are in everybody's business, (also how Indians are; it seems to me like Germans and Indians are INCREDIBLY similar). I did enjoy reading the statistics article and the complaining article, I definitely connected more to the honesty and stare-down article. It just reminded me that Americans tend to be more on the politer side and how we would get stared down if we were completely honest and tactless.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.