Reading these many articles explaining the interesting traits of Germans, I am reminded of my very german grandfather. While the rest of my family is very cheery and polite (and boy do we love a good white lie) my grandfather never really fit in with his brutally honest comments. Although accustomed to American culture, having grown up here, his german parents instilled some of their native character in him. He was always complaining about something and wasn't exactly the sugar-coating type. Looking back, while he was quite the sore thumb of the group, his bluntness did always give us a reality check to rather non-confrontational, mannerly american way. I found it very interesting that Germans bond to their country by knowing statistics of its people. It also makes me wonder if Americans, the majority of which hold no such knowledge, find greater interest in their personal lives than of everyone else's who shares their country. And I'm sure the last documentary I watched was "Super Size Me" in freshman health class. Which was also the last time I had fast food, so maybe I'm more german than I know!
Ali Shaw
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.