Sonntag, 18. September 2011

AMD #1

For the AMD I did option #15 where I read out of a book originally written in German but translated into English. I read part of The German Ideology by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. The book is famous for being the closest thing to a Marxist account of history. Some key points elaborated on and argued for was the theory that social development in proportional to division of labor and, less perfectly, to the complexity of the connotation of property. Marxist history is sometimes called “materialist history” for its tendency to explain effects through the influence of material conditions. It also explains community or individual character as caused by the type of production emphasized and the manner in which it was accomplished. This is important because Marx was pre-Darwin and evolution did not yet have a scientific backing, so the theory was more surprising than it is today.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.