OK, I absolutely don't understand why the recycle bins/trash cans have a Sunday limitation. That literally makes no sense to me. It's a place to put trash. Why would it close? It's great that Germany is so excited about environmentalism, and I love that there are more receptacles for recyclables, but that also sounds incredibly terrifying if you got it wrong...which I probably would. Reading this makes me think that there are many, many things that I would get wrong in Germany, if I can screw up throwing away my Currywurst waste.
Regarding the article about closed doors: SCARY! I really don't know how I would handle having to simply walk into someone's office after knocking once. I would be petrified of being yelled at in loud, fast German that I wouldn't know how to respond to with enough grace. It also makes me wonder what their reaction would be to an open door. Is that considered rude? What does it mean? What they be offended if I left my door open to my room while I studied? So many questions!
The article about 'Bild Zeitung' is really weird, but simultaneously uninteresting to me. I really don't care about newspapers like that, or the people that read them. The only thing that irks me about the article is that it makes it seem like all of Germany is dependent on this newspaper. I'm really not sure if I believe that. It seems like a generalization made by the author of the article, like we've seen in a few of the other articles. Even if it was true, I still wouldn't care about something so trivial as a tabloid.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.