Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011

AMD- 6

For my final AMD assignment of the semester I watched the three part Simpsons episode as recommended by the AMD 6 page. As stated in the prompt the episode is a clear allusion to everyone's favorite movie Lola Rennt.

From what I can tell the three parts had loosely intersecting plot lines which eventually tied together to make more sense of exactly what was happening. The episode differed slightly from Lola Rennt, in that it does not have alternate plot lines. Instead the plot line is maintained but is shown from varying points of view. As can be expected, since my understanding of German is still relatively limited I did not fully understand the episode, but watching the cartoon closely gave me a greater understanding of exactly what was going on.

It is very interesting to see how a German production had such an influence on an American television program, but then again the Simpsons have done just about everything by now, so the fact that they produce an episode alluding to Lola Rennt is not all that surprising.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.