The article on the sex shops was really funny and interesting. The fact that when walking out of the gate from your plane the sight of sensual objects and other fetishes would be quite disturbing to an outsider, such as myself. We Americans make the sensual pleasures hushed and hidden away. We do not flaunt it out in public. I would not say we are embarrassed, but it would be very uncomfortable. Although, there is a sex store over by East Quad. Sex stores are few and far between in the United States though.
The toilet lady does not seem too different to those old men that sit in the corner of the bathroom and polish shoes or give you mouthwash at fancy country clubs. However, I would find it a nuisance that in the majority of bathrooms I would have to fork up some change. I am not going to the bathroom looking to buy something. I am going to bathroom to relieve myself. I just think that it is not the place to do, but I understand why: everyone has to use the bathroom at some point. It is inevitable.
Flirting quite shocked me considerably. I am used to having to be outgoing and smiling at a woman I am interested in. However, I applaud the German way because it is more genuine and not superficial like here in the United States. However, I imagine that flirting can be superficial at times in Germany. This article interests me because it makes me think what it would be like to be on the receiving end. It says that the flirting is done predominately by women in Germany. I would find it difficult to adapt because the man has to be the one to initiate in most cases in flirting here in the United States. However, the German way of flirting seems so langweilig. Where's the fun in a conversation about domestic policy with the opposite sex?
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.