Mittwoch, 16. November 2011

Kultur 5

The article about street behavior in Germany actually did not surprise me. I would say the Germans contact in the street is similar to how it is on black friday shopping in Chicago and daily life in New York City. I have been plowed over by many serious shoppers on black friday. Women more than men seem to assume people will move out of the way for them, so they never bother to move for anyone else.

The article about German sex shops was hilarious. I cannot believe they have one in an airport. I can just imagine how shocked visitors are when that is their first sight. It made me laugh to think about the 18 and up section in family video. It used to be a game with middle schoolers and high schoolers to see who could walk back their without getting caught. The local one was also shut down. German kids would clearly laugh at our immaturity since they have grown up with sex shops right next door to their favorite toy stores!

I found it very interesting to learn that men as well as women can get child-raising leave. I think that is a really nice concept. Here even the women do not get enough time or a part time option very often. I think it is wonderful that men can spend more time after their child is born. I also found it wonderful that more women are going to college and having careers and starting businesses. Good for German women to take a stand and demand equal pay and job opportunities! All the articles were really interesting this time!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.