Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Kultur 4

The article about the bicycles is really cool! It makes sense that bicycles are a much more used mode of transportation in Germany, just like all of Europe. This is so, so useful to know when walking around, or if someone visiting Germany was nervous about renting a bicycle maybe, because often people visiting Europe just don't know the laws about bicycles, or customs.

About crossing the street on red (or rather NEVER crossing the street on red), I find it incredibly interesting, especially since I just got back from New York where EVERYONE walks ANYWHERE pretty much ALWAYS. It would be a total culture shock for a New Yorker (or an Ann Arborite for that matter) to go to Germany without this bit of information.

...the article about train tickets is terrifying and also good to know. In a way it's comforting to know that Germans are a logical bunch, but it's also super annoying to have to explain things or be absolutely literal about everything that you say. Most likely I will forget about this article and find myself in trouble at the Bahnhof with this exact situation. Le sigh. Also regarding the train though, it's sooooo interesting that they go on an honor system. I NEVER in a million years would have expected that in Germany of all places. Fortunately though I don't think I would ever get this wrong since I don't think I would try to cheat the system on this one.

PAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA! I love the double Einbahnstrasse. That's hilarious.

EDIT: OMG the articles about nudist Germans are PRICELESS. I can't believe they'll judge you for not wearing clothes! It's amazing! I love that workers at a sauna will just tell you to take off your clothes. I also love that it's kind of an issue that there is a decline in nudists. Which IS kind of an issue for a culture like that. It's almost sad, since that means that modern culture and globalization is causing the decline of the European spirit in a way. Pahahaha.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.