Entschuldigung, das ist ein bisschen spat.
Reading this collection of articles about brought to light many things I had never known. I was astonished by how diverse the country of Germany is within itself. I had always thought of German culture being generally homogeneous because its geographic size is small relative to the notoriously diverse USA. Through reading I learned that this is not at all the case.
Each region of Germany has many different characteristics. Everything from the beer the locals drink to their sense of humor changes from place to place. It seems to me that the southern part of Germany (Bavaria, Munich area) is very different from northern regions.
On a different note, I had a strong reaction to Kimberly Bradley's article about German pessimism. Although her claims may be true in a general case, she made a lot of sweeping implications that all Germans were the same mopey, negative grumps. I kept waiting for her to qualify her case by saying that not all Germans are this way, but she never did. Most of the Bavarians that I have met are very cheery, positive people.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.