One of my favorite television shows, is "No Reservations, with Anthony Bourdain". It tells about his no nonsense travels around the world, and his staying away from the tourist traps and other clean places of the different cultures he visits. Anthony Bourdain is a man after my own heart, he is cynical, has a love for travel, and most of all loves pork. I am a fan of the bacon, being the salty, crunchy, beautiful part of life. Although he is French (I know that puts some major points against him), his love for all things pork levels him out in my eyes.
When reading "German Fast Food", I realized that both he and I were born into the wrong culture. The word "pork" appears in almost every fast food named in the article. HEAVEN!!!! How could a country be so good? When looking at American food culture, it is often seen that Fast-Food need only be one of those two words... fast. It seems that Americans have forgotten the big picture when in comes to the culinary ideal. Food should not only be fast, but should contain both the heart and soul of the chef, and the history given through food culture. What the Germans have done with even their fast cuisine should be reciprocated around the world.
Oh and just in case you didn't know what the title came from... it is a little play off the Swedish Chef of the Muppets.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.