Montag, 31. Oktober 2011

AMD 4

In 2009, my sister spent the year studying abroad in Austria. She told me that one of the biggest things she missed while she was there was American music. So, for my 4th AMD assignment, I thought I would look at music in German. Really, other than the fact the lyrics are in German, I can't hear a distinct difference in the style of the music, and sometimes the songs by German artists are in English. The way the music sound is almost the same as American songs; fairly simple chord progression, pumping bass line, and a lead vocalist with some harmonies.
Since there isn't much to talk about with German music as a whole, I will discuss my favorite song I came across.
It's called Nein Mann by Laserkraft 3D. I recommend watching it for 2 reasons; 1 the lyrics are really simple and even as a German 101 student, I am able to understand most of the lyrics and 2 it's gloriously hilarious music video and strange song. It starts out with a girl saying that the club is lame and she wants to go home, but the singer of the band responds "Nein Mann," and talks about how he wants to stay and dance. Then, another girls comes up to his and asks if they can go to his house to do a difference type of dancing ;-) But, again he says "Nein Mann" and goes into the chorus. Finally, the bouncer tells him the club is closing and he needs to gather his things and leave. Once more he proudly proclaims "Nein Mann" and continues to dance. Nothing can stop this dancing machine, and his moves are nothing short of legendary. Check this video out, you will not soon forget it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.