Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2011

AMD 3

When i traveled to New York this weekend for fall break, I immediately noticed the variety of tourists there, especially from europe. While I heard french and italian, I also saw a few German women in the shoe store i was in. They were talking with the shoe salesman about the size and style of shoe they wanted to buy. Although i know this is crazy eavesdropping, I figure they don't mind if its for the betterment of my education... They discussed with each other the color of the shoe they wanted, Braun, Rot oder Schwarzes, and also what size they ware, vierundswanzig. While that was about all I could make out, I believe as soon as he left they discussed the incompetence of the salesman. If only I were fluent!

I have also been working on a new german art song, Wie Melodien by Schubert. On my first glances at a german piece i like to see what words i can pick out and understand, which are usually simple nouns and verbs. Then I proceed to look up all the words that are unknown to me and create a poetic translation. One day I hope to not need to look up any of the words!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.