Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011
AMD 2
This week for my AMD I decided to watch a German WWII movie. I've seen many, many WWII movies that portray the Allies perspective and I've only seen a few from the Axis so I did some research and decided to watch the German-made film "Stalingrad". This film was made in 1993 and seems to be highly regarded from what I read. The film follows a regiment of soldiers that are first stationed in leisurely Italy and are soon transferred to the front lines of Stalingrad during a harsh Russian winter. I stopped watching halfway through the movie and both sides were in a stalemate. I'd say this was a realistic and gritty portrayal of war and there were some gruesome scenes so far. The budget for this movie must have been quite expensive with all the authentic vehicles and cigarettes consumed. It was hard to understand what the soldiers were saying a lot of the time because they spoke quickly and yelled often. Good thing the action guides the movie forward. I did notice that the soldiers shortened "Habst du Zeit?" to "Wie Zeit?". Also one soldier mentioned the Autobahn and that threw me off because I always thought the Autobahn was created after WWII, but I did some research and they were created both during and after the war. Interestingly it seemed that the Russians and Germans both had some skill with each others language and that seemed strange since they linguistically stem from different sources.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.