Dienstag, 13. September 2011

Kultur 1

Hallo ihr!Thankfully that 50 page reading was full of pictures. I found it really interesting that German's were and still are fascinated with Indians despite very little contact with them. I've been to a pow-wow here and I think it would be interesting to attend one in Deutschland and compare the two. I knew many Germans immigrated to the Midwest but I didn't realize so many settled in Michigan. I haven't seen any German influence around my hometown but I will have a keener eye next time I go back. Ich komme aus Grand Rapids. I'm a bit of a history nerd so it was really interesting to learn the story of Thomas Nast who helped take down Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall; I hadn't heard of his role before this article. It said he was a staunch Republican so I'm curious both why he designed the Democratic Donkey and why the Democrats decided to adopt what appears to be a underhanded insult, i.e, a jackass. It seems that Deutschland is more friendly than America but also more formal. I'm not close to ready to study abroad in Deutschland but it sound like I can get a good tune-up in Milwaukee. Ich hoffe gehen nach Milwaukee wann ich bin einundzwanzig! Auf wiedersehen

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.